Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shaker Duck and The Free Bride and Groom File


Hi Everyone,

I hope and pray you are all OK after Irene.

I was away in Pennsylvania, US last week.  We stayed on a farm.  
It was a lot of fun. I've never seen a farm so up close and personal.  We really enjoyed the fresh milk, eggs, shortcake, yogurt and all.
I would recommend it for kids they had a ball.
We came back to Irene with a bit of water in our basement but not bad 
compared with those around us.
Praise God we came out pretty good.
That's why it's taken a while to post.
I made this card for my Hobby Lobby class as per a request.
I started with white card stock. glued ripped pieces of blue vellum to bottom. 
I ran the greenish paper through the embosser with a Fiskar raindrops plate and then put triple thick on the drops.
I dry embossed the duck with white and colored in with marker.
The window of the shaker is a button kit that I found at walmart.  It's acrylic and comes with 4 in package.
Inside are glass beads from Michael's
I used the same vellum inside the window.  The fish is a Cricut cartridge (Animal Kingdom) and a punch for the underwater plant.  Put on a bow and embellishment on top of that.
The scalloped frame is from SVG Cuts.

THANKS FOR LOOKING.  ENJOY

Just cut it out in black for the background and white for dress and shoes




2 comments:

  1. First off, thank you for sharing the bride and groom file. It's adorable.

    It's good to hear you and your family are sound and safe. material things can be fixed, but lives cannot be replaced.

    The ducky card is very cute. the button is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great home goods ideas! I have been blogging my home design projects on http://sabineshome.com What do you suggest using for home decor?

    ReplyDelete