Monday, May 9, 2011

The Butterfly Project & Pumpkin Carriage for Embossing Folder SVG




I thought it appropriate to revisit this project during 
Holocaust rememberance week.
The Houston Holocaust Museum 
is doing a project for the 
1,500,000
children that died in the Holocaust.  
They are having people send in enough butterflies 
to have one represent each child. 
They will display in 2013.
Here is the link for the details The Butterfly Project
I got this link from Dan @ My Crafty Life (Really interesting blog)

I started with black card stock for for the girl then used 
water color paper to cut out
top layers.  I chalked the skin tone and used 
colored pencils for the lips & outlines.
I used triple thick to form a tear coming out of her eye.
I used a pink vellum to line the wings and cut out a star of David for each wing.
I think I powder embossed the stars and then inked them.
I cut the skirt out with "Me & My Big Ideas" card stock tablet.
I embellished with pearls and rhinestones.
Tied a ribbon on back so it could hang.

If you would like the file let me know in the comment section.
ENJOY! I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU

Here is the link to the pumpkin carriage for embossing folder svg
Pumpkin Carriage for Embossing Folder

No comments:

Post a Comment